Theological College took advantage of the occasion of Gaudete Sunday to celebrate with its end-of-semester pre-Christmas party at TC, an evening marked by a sense of relief at semester’s end and a charge of anticipation for the celebration of the birth of Jesus. First-year seminarians are responsible for the festive decorations—from Christmas trees and nativity scenes to window garlands and seasonal plants—and this year their wonderful work was aided by a generous donation from Fr. Mel Blanchette, PSS, resulting in a rich ambiance filled with Christmas cheer. A special gesture of hospitality is annually extended to the staff for this evening: all family members are invited and treated royally as they mingle with the seminarians and faculty. The evening began with a Mass for the community presided by Rector Brown and punctuated by the Schola’s profound sonorous meditations. The delicious reception and dinner were masterfully executed by Sunder Michael and staff with Tim Deeley (2-T, Pittsburgh) at the helm of the seminarian volunteer team for set-up and serving. The traditional “New Man Show” concludes this annual evening celebration, with this year’s entry class showing the unique personality they bring as a group to the seminary dynamic, summed up, as several in the audience noted, in one word: “Hilarious!
- Welcome to Spring Semester
- Christmas Greetings from Theological College
- Father Thayer’s Advent Meditations
- Sulpician Patronal Feast and End-of-Semester
- Installation of New Rector: Fr. Dominic Ciriaco
- Bishop Barron: 2020 Alumnus Lifetime Service Awardee
- Farewell to Fr. McBrearity
- Orientation and Welcome 2020
- Resuming Seminary Formation at TC
- TC’s New Vice-Rector and Dean of Men
Select a month below to filter the news archives.